When you think of maintaining appliances and equipment in a commercial kitchen, it can be easy to forget about sinks and drains. However, cleaning and maintaining drains is nearly as important as the stove or oven. When a drain gets clogged up, operations in the kitchen could slow down or come to a complete stop. This post from your drain cleaning company in Bay City, MI will cover how you can keep your drains in tip-top shape:
- Keep the grease traps clean: Grease traps are responsible for stopping grease and other debris from entering your plumbing system. Needless to say, they’re very important! For proper functionality, grease traps need to be cleaned at least every three months.
- Use natural solutions:Harsh chemical drain cleaners can help get rid of clogs. However, they can also cause significant damage to your plumbing system. Instead of dumping drain cleaner in the sink, use a mixture of vinegar and baking soda to clear up minor clogs.
- Dispose of food scraps:Pieces of food are some of the leading causes of drain clogs. Instead of dumping scraps down the drain, toss them in the trash can. Tossing the leftovers in the trash only takes a few extra seconds, and it can save you from a huge headache down the road.
- Install a drain cover:Your best defense against food scraps going down into your plumbing system is a drain cover. Drain covers catch almost all of the large particles that could otherwise cause a nasty clog in your plumbing system. Even better, they’re inexpensive and easy to install.
- Call a professional:Following all of the tips above doesn’t always do the trick to keep your drains clean. If that’s the case, call a pro to perform an inspection and possibly power drain rodding in Bay City, MI. Your trusted plumber can determine the exact cause of the drain issue and come up with a solution to the problem.
Choose us to solve your drain issues
If your drains are slow or you’re having other plumbing problems, hire Thornton Brothers Sewer Service. These are a few of the reasons our customers choose us to address all of their plumbing issues:
- Decades of experience:On-the-job experience is everything, especially when it comes to doing jobs like power drain rodding in Bay City, MI. With nearly five decades of experience under our belts, there’s nothing we haven’t seen or done.
- Guaranteed results:There’s no need to call another plumber after we pay your kitchen a visit. We perform all of our jobs the right way, and in a timely manner, so you can rest easy knowing the clog will be eliminated the first time.
- Free estimates:Plumbing work can be expensive if you hire the wrong company. That’s not a concern when you choose to work with us! On top of providing affordable service, we offer free estimates to all of our customers.
The choice is clear if you need to have your drains cleaned—call the professionals at Thornton Brothers Sewer Service! Give us a call today to find out why we’re the trusted drain cleaning company in Bay City, MI.
Categorised in: Drain Cleaning