If you want to keep your plumbing system running smoothly, one of your top concerns should be what to flush and what not to flush in Bay City, MI. Keeping your system clear of items that could clog your plumbing will go a long way to preserving your system and reducing maintenance and repairs.
With this in mind, what items are considered flushables in Bay City, MI? Use the following list of dos and don’ts to properly maintain your plumbing.
There are two items that you should always flush. Your system was designed to handle these items, so they are always considered flushables in Bay City, MI:
- Toilet paper: Standard toilet paper always goes on the list of what to flush in Bay City, MI. If using a large quantity of toilet paper, it is best to use multiple flushes to dispose of the material.
- Human waste and wastewater: As with toilet paper, your plumbing was designed to process these substances.
The list of items you should not flush includes anything not on the list of “dos” above. However, there are items that are often flushed under the assumption that they will not harm the plumbing system, when, in fact, they will. Specifically, you should never flush the following items.
- Tissues: While these may seem similar to toilet paper, they are not flushable. Tissues can clog your plumbing, so dispose of these in the garbage can rather than the toilet.
- Wipes: It’s true that some manufacturers claim their products are flushable. Don’t risk it. Never flush wipes of any kind.
- Paper towels: Like tissues, these may seem like they would dissolve and flow through your plumbing similar to toilet paper, but they do not.
- Feminine products: These are always on the list of what not to flush in Bay City, MI. Always throw these in the trash rather than flush them. They can easily clog your system.
- Dental floss: While small, this product does not move well through your plumbing. It can snag and clog the pipes, so it is not considered a flushable in Bay City, MI.
In addition to protecting your plumbing by knowing what to flush in Bay City, MI, it’s also important to know what should and should not go down your sink drains. Avoid placing any of the following items in your sink:
- Harsh chemicals
- Cooking oil
While these items may seem harmless because they are liquid, they can cause serious damage to your plumbing system.
Get more tips
For more tips on what not to flush in Bay City, MI, contact Thornton Brothers Sewer Service. We have been the premier sewer cleaning, septic service and water jetting service in Bay City, MI for over 45 years. We serve residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and municipal needs with expert insight and dependable results. We offer reliable service for any size job 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Reach out to us today with any questions or to schedule your next service.
Categorised in: Septic Tank Systems